June 16, 2011

Turdburglar

Okay, I'd like to offer some context to this one so that my many, many readers won't think I am an all out potty brain. Years ago, I worked at a place that shall remain nameless. There were about 17 of us at this unnamed place and to this day I have no idea who the offender was--and I don't want to know. Someone in that building was a poo streak leaver. Now, I know about the whole everybody poops thing and all of that. I don't mean to be crude. But I just got a bit affected by the daily poo streaks and the fact that they always seemed to be waiting just for me so I wrote a little poem about it. This was indeed the first poem I wrote in this vein. My original intent was to perhaps woodburn this poem onto a quilted maple plaque in fancy, cursive script and hang it up in the bathroom, but I chickened out and squirreled the poem away and I think I only ever showed one other person this little gem...until now!

Turd Streak

I came into work early this morning
No one thought to give me warning
That I might walk in here and see
A turd streak left from you for me
I doubt you thought about that skid
Or knew it would have the effect it did
I don't mean to embarrass or poke fun
But want to request if you are the one
That you turn around each time you flush
If you leave a streak, please use the brush

No comments:

Post a Comment